How to Delete History In Vivaldi?

• I do I delete the history in Vivaldi? Not able to find the history feature/tab nor any way to delete it. TIA j

• in the speed dial you can find "History" folder… the button to delete it is in there

• in the speed dial

How do I find Speed Dial? How would I get there? An Internet search brings up speed dial for Firefox.
    Thanks,
    j

• Found it. Open a new tab, there it is.

• @jseidel:

How do I find Speed Dial? How would I get there? An Internet search brings up speed dial for Firefox.
    Thanks,
    j

That was so cute. :)

Should you have trouble to find something like history, you can always try to enter the following in the address field:

vivaldi://…

For "History" that would be:

vivaldi://history

It won't work for the speed dial though. I've just tried it. :)

• @tardigrada:

Should you have trouble to find something like history, you can always try to enter the following in the address field:

vivaldi://…

For "History" that would be:

vivaldi://history

It won't work for the speed dial though. I've just tried it. :)

vivaldi://vivaldi-urls gives a list of internal links.

Also, for most Chromium browsers, I'd say ://newtab would point to the speed dial, but vivaldi://newtab points to this page https://www.google.com/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8 - which has no functionality.

• @Tiamarth:

vivaldi://vivaldi-urls gives a list of internal links.

Sure, of course. I'm getting old apparently. Thanks anyway.

• I will ask here, not to open new thread,

when i delete history, and leave passwords unchecked, it does not clear passwords, but in O12 next time i visit site i am still logged in, i dont have to use password wand.
    In vivaldi i must log in again, as i say password is saved but i must click username field, then click password field and then click log in button.

TL;DR
    In short, how to clear cache and still be logged in sites?

• @SomiKnight: Are you checking the "Remember me" checkbox when you log in? This is what does what you're asking on most forums, and it seems to work for me. (I don't even have Vivaldi browser remember my Vivaldi forum password.)

• Yes its checked.

I tried some combinations, and if i let cookies unchecked as well as passwords, then its fine, i am still logged in all sites after deleting all other cache stuff.
    It kinda makes sense tough.
    But still would be nice if we could delete cookies too, and vivaldi to automaticaly log us in on sites we have passwords saved. Dunno if its possible, or that anyone else but me needs this.

• @SomiKnight:

… But still would be nice if we could delete cookies too, and vivaldi to automaticaly log us in on sites we have passwords saved. Dunno if its possible, or that anyone else but me needs this.

I know that a number of websites use cookies in association with their login processes. A few of these will expire a user's login after so many days and require a re-login after the timer associated with the cookie runs down. In any case, if cookies are used with the login process, those cookies must not be deleted or the login has to be repeated. This was something I really liked in Olde Opera… one could clear all cookies in the browser and set the browser to not delete "new" cookies upon exit, visit and login at the various sites one wanted to retain, then close the browser (which made the previous cookies into "old" cookies, reopen the browser and set it to delete "new" cookies upon exit. Thereafter, the browser would delete any new cookies from visited sites upon exiting, but leave the log-in cookies alone (since the were "old"). I'd certainly like to see something in Vivaldi that allows me to dump most cookies while keeping a select few (login-related) that I want to retain - all without having each time to go through the entire very long cookie list to exempt just the handful I want to keep.

• @SomiKnight:

In vivaldi i must log in again, as i say password is saved but i must click username field, then click password field and then click log in button.

Likely you have some corrupt cookies.

Just click on the left of the address bar and then delete the vivaldi cookies.

Then close the browser and log in with the check on the remember me.

Then you should be fine. Try to close and reopen the browser to see if you are still logged.

• I'd certainly like to see something in Vivaldi that allows me to dump most cookies while keeping a select few (login-related) that I want to retain

That would be very good solution.

@The_Solutor
    I dont have problem with staying logged in, just after deleting cache, but thx anyway.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.