I can't move window of Vivaldi using empty tab space.

• Please, add like in FF: if i click on any free space of browser i can move window (orange window). [spoiler][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8814/17118848222_837ca03cfa_o.jpg[/img][/spoiler] In V i can't do this coz capture area too small [spoiler][img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7719/16932851220_6f327ed7ec_o.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

• If it helps any, there is a wider space all across the top if you use the Menu Bar.

Or without the Menu Bar (as you have it) you can also grab the larger area to the right of the Trashcan (below the window controls in the top right corner).

• Yeah, i know, but i want to ask devs about that cosy option for that browser in next updates.

• @gdveggie:

If it helps any, there is a wider space all across the top if you use the Menu Bar.

Or without the Menu Bar (as you have it) you can also grab the larger area to the right of the Trashcan (below the window controls in the top right corner).

This is a problem that I have experienced since 2 weeks ago, I will try it. Thanks for advice

• Here's how you can make that area allow moving the window:

• Navigate to %localappdata%\Vivaldi\Application\1.0.151.7\resources\vivaldi\style\
    • Open common.css and add this at the beginning of the file:
    @import "custom.css";
    ```- Create a _custom.css_ file and add this on it:

.tab-spacer{visibility:hidden}

• So, it sounds like this behavior (can only move the browser by drag when clicking on that one small area of the window) is a feature, not a bug. Up until now, I'd been assuming it was a bug that would be fixed, since the ability to move the application window by clicking and dragging on the window title bar or an analogously-place area is pretty much standard for all applications in all windowing environments.

Do you have any idea what the rationale is for this feature?

• @ericscoles:

So, it sounds like this behavior (can only move the browser by drag when clicking on that one small area of the window) is a feature, not a bug.

Your first post, so welcome! :)

I'll be interested in An_dz's take on it, but my own impression would be that it may be neither "feature" nor "bug" but simply a part of the UI that isn't fully developed yet; i.e., a "refinement" that hasn't yet arrived. There are still a ton of feature/functionality/setting refinements that simply don't exist yet.

Edit: I guess the part that might be a "feature" with a rationale is that for those who use the browser without the Menu to maximize vertical real estate on your screen, the space above the tabs may be minimized for the same reason (though it, too, can be made wider via CSS mods)… ...But if you use the Menu, the whole Title Bar to the right of the Menu can be grabbed as you expect in Vivaldi now. Without the Menu, the space to the right of the tabs as seen in HiMyNameIs's image isn't currently grabbable. That's the part I'm suggesting may be a not yet existent refinement, rather than a "feature"

• @An_dz: Did you know how to keep create tab on middle click ?
    Edit: Look like:
    .tab-spacer{-webkit-app-region: drag !important;}
    works, but there is a bug with this - it prevents mouse events ( both CSS and JavaScript ).

• @HiMyNameIs:

In V i can't do this coz capture area too small

The 5 pixel area at the top of the maximised window is of infinite height — just move your mouse cursor to the top of the window and drag. To maximise the restored window, double-click the tab bar.

Windows shortcut keys are also worth knowing: Windows Key + Up/Down or Left/Right.

If tab-stacking is disabled then there is no area at the top for grabbing the window to detach it. However, the panels bar on the left (or right) can be used to grab the window.

IMO the best solution is to enable double-click on tab bar to restore the window, and use middle-click on the tab bar to open a new tab or for paste and go in a new tab. Options are nearly always better, but failing that those are the best defaults.

• It looks like not being able to drag in the area next to the tabs is by design because extra code is added so that it can not be dragged there.

Original is:

#browser:not(.mac) .tab-spacer,#tabs .tab,#zoom_control,.tab-group-indicator,.topmenu,button,input{-webkit-app-region:no-drag}

I would not hide the .tab-spacer but enable dragging for it by adding this to end of the common.css

#browser:not(.mac) .tab-spacer{-webkit-app-region:drag}}

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.