What is the status of VB (=already reported bug/issue)?
Can you tell me what's the status of VB-39022? Thank you!
I will try not to abuse on this thread, but can I have an update on these?
- (VB-36686) Address field not copied in PRIMARY at selection
- (VB-33391) Impossible to move a tab after unstack
- (VB-33389) Edition of theme name not responding to keyboard input under specific circumstances
I asked for the 3 previous ones by curiosity, but I am really eager to know about the 2 next ones:
- (VB-33387) Can't right click on a tab after a mouse gesture (Ubuntu)
--> Definitely the most annoying of all Vivaldi bugs for me. I have lived with it for the past 6 months, but there isn't a single day in which I don't think dizains of times: this damn issue again!!! Right clicking a tab is such a common operation...
- (VB-23928) Copy selected text in new note does not respect line breaks
--> Not a deal breaker, but solving this issue is so easy that I think it has been forgotten. Indeed, it already works correctly with SHIFT+CTRL+C, so no reason to behave differently when using the right click menu (which it does!)
- I definitely can reproduce(VB-36686) on my side: left click on adress bar, then middle click in any other text field: the previous buffer is pasted, but not the content of the address bar which had just been selected.
- I still can reproduce (VB-33391) too: Open 3 tabs. Drag the last one (on the right) onto the middle one to create a stack. Right click and unstack. Try to move the middle tab to the right.
- Not sure for (VB-33389), but the description of VB-33068 does not seem to correspond (automatically selects what?)
I know that an open bug tracker is not considered. But the examples of VB-36686 and VB-33391 are good: maybe my reports were not clear enough, but it is a shame I was not given a chance to explain it better before it were incorrectly closed. I don't have the solution on how to deal with that kind of situations, though.
For info: Ubuntu 14.04.05 with 4.4.0-121-generic, and Vivaldi 1.15.1147.42 64bits
Guilimote last edited by Guilimote
@gwen-dragon Thanks for your time and the reopened tickets.
I don't know about VB-33068 (which VB-33389 has been set as a duplicate), but VB-33389 is still reproduced on my side too:
Go to the themes settings. Create a new theme. Select the whole name field. Try to hit backspace --> no effect. Left click at the end of its name. Hit backspace as many times as needed to erase every letters --> last letter can't be erased. Select the whole name, and try to enter the name "Light2" --> The "t" can't be entered because "Light" already exist.
But the examples of VB-36686 and VB-33391 are good: maybe my reports were not clear enough, but it is a shame I was not given a chance to explain it better before it were incorrectly closed.
Exactly. That's why I think we all should have possibility of discussion about our reported bugs, also in this thread.
Gregor last edited by Gregor
This post is deleted!
luetage last edited by
VB-1? I'd be interested what it is and if it's been resolved
@luetage The earliest one on record is VB-21 Navigating back and forth: z and x don't work anymore - and it's fixed. (27 Feb 2014 - 11 months before the browser saw the light of day)
What about VB-22946, VB-22947? They're still not fixed. And btw, I found 2 new related to that bugs.
I don't know why it's resolved while it's still not working.
- click on some tab Move Tab to/New window = first bug - new window not maximized
- in that new window click on that tab Move Tab to/previous window = second bug - moved tab not active
@pesala Something local to your machine, I would have to guess.
Still seeing this issue in the latest Snapshot. It's definitely an issue with Vivaldi. My MMB may not be 100% reliable, but I can use it in Opera 12.18 to open links in background tabs and for Fast Autoscrolling the page.
In Vivaldi, Fast Autoscroll works about 50% of the time, and open in background tab only 10% of the time at best.
(VB-34598) Developer's Tools Shortcut Should be a Toggle
If you use the default shortcuts of Ctrl+Shift+I or F12 then the developer's tools toggle on and off.
However, if you assign a custom shortcut such as Ctrl+Shift+D then it only enables developers tools, it does not disable them.
I wonder what the status of my bug is now?
(VB-32722) Copy Data to Clipboard Needs some Feedback
- Open an image in a new tab
- Open the Image Information Panel
- Click on Copy Data to Clipboard
Nothing appears to happen, but the image URL and other data is copied to the clipboard.
This needs some visual and audible feedback.
(VB-32723) Select URL in Downloads Info Panel with Click
When clicking the URL of a bookmark in the bookmarks information pane, the entire URL is selected with one click.
The same should happen when selecting the URL in the downloads information pane.
What's the status of the following bugs?
- (VB-37002) Vertical reader mode column height controlled by same variable as row width of horizontal reader mode
- (VB-39286) Estimated remaining download time cannot be seen if Downloads panel is rather narrow
- (VB-39747) Bold, italics (and possibly other) formatting do not work within To-do list in notes Markdown
- (VB-39836) Search suggestions do not work in private windows
- (VB-40130) Pinned tab in normal window gets transferred to existing private window when closing normal window
- (VB-40246) Extension in web panel does not refresh automatically but refreshes automatically in tab
Daylor last edited by Pesala
I found this previous post from 7 months ago - https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/22124/site-permission-request-for-microphone-use-vivaldi-incorrectly-asks-for-camera-permission
There it is suggested it is related to bug #VB-1840 "Camera / Microphone permission mixup"
I don't think there is a public bug-tracker - is this bug report still open?