[Solved] Bug: tabs don't disappear when closed

• Hi, I tried the bug submit thing but the "send report" button didn't work. When I close a tab (either using the little cross or middle clicking) it remains on the tab bar but the page becomes inactive and inaccessible. At the moment (and in the attached screenshot) I have this tab and facebook open, but have closed hotukdeals and gmail, neither of which appear in the built in task manager. [attachment=1038]Screenshotfrom2015-04-1209-55-04-2.png[/attachment] I'm using Arch Linux x86_64 3.19.3-3-ARCH with the i3 window manager, with vivaldi 1.0.118.19-1 Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, gav Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/34517/Screenshotfrom2015-04-1209-55-04-2.png[/img]

• Your first post, so welcome! :)

The first thing would probably be to try updating to the most recent Developer snapshot.

Vivaldi is developing rapidly and there have been numerous bug fixes and feature improvements since Technical Preview 2 (v.1.0.118.19). Developer snapshots since then have generally been as stable, if not more stable, than TP2.

Follow the Team Blog for weekly updates (usually on Mondays) and occasional mid-week updates.

• That fixed it, thanks a lot! I assumed the snapshot version was unstable bleeding edge but it seems fine.

• Glad to hear it. ;)

No, in my experience (on Windows), each developer release has been very stable and better than the previous. There have been occasional reports of severe crashiness, etc. with new releases, but my impression is that those are mostly isolated instances and it is sometimes difficult to know what might be involved.

The whole browser is probably best thought of as alpha (or even pre-alpha) as many new features are still being developed and added (to me, beta means mostly feature-complete, and just debugging), so it makes sense to keep pretty current as many bugs reported in the forums are problems those who are keeping pretty current have already forgotten about.

FWIW, a "cautious" approach might be to wait a day or two after each new release and monitor the Disqus comments on the Team blog for that release for any serious problems. I also like to use the standalone installation option, making it easy to revert to a previous version if a new one doesn't work out.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.