How can I open a background tab

• When I do a google search I like to be able to right click on the multiple relevant links and open them in a background tab. Will this be possible in the future. A the moment I can only open a new tab which means I keep having to go back to the google page. Thanks VV

@vitivillain:

When I do a google search I like to be able to right click on the multiple relevant links and open them in a background tab. Will this be possible in the future.

A the moment I can only open a new tab which means I keep having to go back to the google page.

Thanks

VV

For now, use middle-click or ctrl+click to open background tab

• Thank you.

Where can I find a list of commands like this?
    VV

Beats me. The browser is in an embryonic state, and there are no comprehensive help or tutorial files. I learn these things by trying them or by following the forums. I expect formal help or tutorial files to come out around the same time, or shortly after, the first stable release does.

edit: AFAIK the two shortcuts I mentioned work in pretty much every browser, which is why I tried them here.

• @Ayespy:

edit: AFAIK the two shortcuts I mentioned work in pretty much every browser, which is why I tried them here.

So it wasn't after I mentioned them back when Vivaldi first came out and we discussed the context menu missing "open in background" then…? ;)

@mossman:

@Ayespy:

So it wasn't after I mentioned them back when Vivaldi first came out and we discussed the context menu missing "open in background" then…? ;)

No, The _Solutor was the first to remind me of it, before I saw your posts here. But, sure - you brought it up as well…

• @Ayespy:

@mossman:

No, The _Solutor was the first to remind me of it, before I saw your posts here. But, sure - you brought it up as well…

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/2822-tips-tricks#22702 ;) (it's sticky, now)

• :lol: I'm pretty sure that while middle-click was already mentioned, I was the one who brought CTRL-click to the table (since I had been struggling on my two-button netbook and distinctly remember posting that CTRL-click works as well)… but I'll let it slide. :)

• @mossman:

:lol: I'm pretty sure that while middle-click was already mentioned, I was the one who brought CTRL-click to the table (since I had been struggling on my two-button netbook and distinctly remember posting that CTRL-click works as well)… but I'll let it slide. :)

CTRL+LMB is as old as Macs.

Given they had a single button mouse for a couple of decades, Mouse Button+Something was a mandatory choice.

• @The_Solutor:

@mossman:

:lol: I'm pretty sure that while middle-click was already mentioned, I was the one who brought CTRL-click to the table (since I had been struggling on my two-button netbook and distinctly remember posting that CTRL-click works as well)… but I'll let it slide. :)

CTRL+LMB is as old as Macs.

Given they had a single button mouse for a couple of decades, Mouse Button+Something was a mandatory choice.

Well duh! But IIRC no-one had mentioned it when we were complaining about the missing "open in background" context option.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.