Themes' background color changes strangely

• Hi,

I think this is a bug. Any ideas? Similar experiences?

alt text
    One expects a gradual change of the colour when one moves the pointer between close points on the selector but the colour changes completely from a dark tone to a quite lighter one.

alt text
    Another strange behaviour. If I change the highlight colour to yellow the background colour changes too (btw. its colour code stays the same).

Vivaldi info:
    Vivaldi 1.15.1147.36 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision 166efd59c7aba158f456fc82eabf5d0dffdc41f5-
    OS Windows
    JavaScript V8 6.5.254.41
    Flash 28.0.0.161

System: Win10 Home 64 bit

• Vivaldi Ambassador

On your first graphic, yes, I had a similar experience the other day. When setting background colour, it is fine when sliding from left to right. But, when sliding up, the entire settings window turns white also. But I am on the snapshot version on linux. Same behaviour I think.
    Your second issue also occurs on this version. I'll look around some more on this. See also:
    https://help.vivaldi.com/article/reporting-a-bug-in-vivaldi/

added: seems the same here on win10 v1.15.1147.36 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

graphics: AMD Turks PRO [Radeon HD 7570]

• Vivaldi Team

Hi, this is a limitation of the current contrast correction system. There are improvements in the works! If you disable contrast enforcement (under Appearance), the behaviour should be predictable.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

Thank you, helmers. :)
    Yes, that worked. I had "medium" selected. So, temporarily switch to "no" and it functioned correctly.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.