Vivaldi need to go on a diet

• I love Vivaldi but it's eating my batteri real fast and also using a lot og ram.
    I have started using Safari to watch videos and I am thinking of going back to Safari.

Please please use all of your developer ressources to fix it.

• @martinandersen Vivaldi isn't meant to run light on resources – it's an alternative browser. While improvements concerning energy consumption would be welcome, they will never be priority. And on macOS Safari will always be more lightweight and more efficient – it's the native browser. You will have to decide for yourself what is more important to you, energy or the advanced options and customisation Vivaldi provides. If your goal is simply watching as many videos as possible on battery, Safari will always be the better choice. But no one stops you from switching browsers depending on what you do.

There is a summary bug VB-11812 "High power consumption", but no progress yet.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

I have an old laptop for 10 years and I can not confirm a RAM and battery charge, at least no more than what you spend with Chrome or Opera. I even have Vivaldi personalized with a animated theme and background and I have no problems with several tabs open and leaving it minimized to play between The Dark Mod or using Blender.
    This if, from the beginning I have noticed that the function of notifying of new versions spends a lot of RAM to be always resident, for this I have deactivated it.

Deactivate 'Notify about Updates' in Settings -> Updates

• @catweazle This is the mac forum board, there is no such setting on macOS. And I would imagine energy consumption depends on operating system too.

• Vivaldi Ambassador

@luetage said in Vivaldi need to go on a diet:

@catweazle This is the mac forum board, there is no such setting on macOS. And I would imagine energy consumption depends on operating system too.

OK, it was just an idea to believe that the consumption of RAM was not so related to the OS.
    Excuse me

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.