Vivaldi browser and dailymotion.

• Alright, so anyone exactly know how to have dailymotion work with that browser ?

any other browser have NO issues, but this one, absolutely refuse to play dailymotion video, i dont get it.

I've saw ppl saying to install flash playes PPAPI , but that's doesnt changed anything, So.... ? Any chance to have something sometime to hav dailymotion correctly work also for that browser ? ^^

( and yes i have the lastest vivaldi version ( well the "insider" version, whatever how they call it, dont remember their designation )

@wootwoots Please search before posting. Daily Motion

• @wootwoots Just switch to another user agent.

• @pesala said in Vivaldi browser and dailymotion.:

@wootwoots Please search before posting. Daily Motion

I did asked to google several time before posting now ( tho i admit i didnt did a search specificaly on this forum )

Still havent provided me a clear answer, that's why i created that topic, to have, if there is a truly working solution to have a summary instead of having to go throught 36565 topic with a piece here and there and spend hours.

I suppose you have the logic there ^^

Or better, if there was a spinned thread with "dailymotion & vivaldi browser" with what to do in there, since that seem to be a common problem compare to all others browser where everything work fine, i wouldnt have had to create that thread.

@hlehyaric said in Vivaldi browser and dailymotion.:

@wootwoots Just switch to another user agent.

swith to another user agent ? Sorry, but i have no idea what's that is ^^

• Vivaldi Ambassador

Just accept cookies and works fine without problems

• @wootwoots Unfortunately, there may be various "tricks" to solve this depending on YOUR setup:

• Allow 3rd party cookies
    • Install PPAPI Flash Player (and then set to allow on that site)
    • Update (or Install) codecs depending on Windows version/type Media for N or KN
    • Change User Agent using an extension Extension

Possibly others as well :(

• @tbgbe said in Vivaldi browser and dailymotion.:

@wootwoots Unfortunately, there may be various "tricks" to solve this depending on YOUR setup:

• Allow 3rd party cookies
    • Install PPAPI Flash Player (and then set to allow on that site)
    • Update (or Install) codecs depending on Windows version/type Media for N or KN
    • Change User Agent using an extension Extension

Possibly others as well :(

Oo that's such a hassle lol, guess i will keep watch dailymotion video with a browser that doesnt ask me to run into so many "trouble".
    Any informations about them looking for a way to "correctly fix that" ?

thanks for the answer :)

• @wootwoots said in Vivaldi browser and dailymotion.:

Any informations about them looking for a way to "correctly fix that" ?

What should they do?

Allow 3rd party cookies

User controlled setting

Install PPAPI Flash Player (and then set to allow on that site)

User Installation of optional plug-in (if required)

Update (or Install) codecs depending on Windows version/type Media for N or KN

User's OS configuration

Change User Agent using an extension Extension

Site (dailymotion) problem. Vivaldi devs/management have been in contact with them.
    Users can also complain to the site owners.

So really, not much Vivaldi can work on to "correctly fix that"!?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.