Vivaldi intermittently stays logged into Google Account between restarts

• Subject pretty much says it all.

First, an understanding, when I close all Vivaldi browser windows, I expect my credentialed login to Google Accounts to release, and on next Vivaldi start, I should see that my account is not logged in.

The most recent update of Vivaldi seems to have fixed ALT-Menu Key drop downs (thank you), but now seeing this issue more frequently.

Second - To answer "how do I get google to give me the old login option vs the currently forced "always in - always on - account saved" google garbage", I use Chrome UA Spoofer, to tell google accounts that I'm running FF 33, via a user agent string.

When doing this, google assumes I'm using too old a browser to support their login form, and so gives me the older login prompt, where I get presented the option to put a check mark in "stay logged in" (which I leave unchecked).

This has worked fairly well for some time, usually without issue, on my other 3 browsers (Pale Moon, Basilisk, Firefox)

Each time when I've started Vivaldi and see my account logged in, I simply do File menu -> "Exit" and then when I start Vivaldi again, the account is logged out.

I can reboot my PC .. after using the X to close Vivaldi, and after the reboot, with first starting Vivaldi ... I see Google still thinks I'm logged in. ... file exit . re-start the browser, and then I'm not logged in.

Its mildly annoying, but the real issue is the security aspect .. if I close my browser, I expect the sessions to drop/timeout, not attach back to my previous login.

Is there something Vivaldi Teams can look into as to why this is happening?

• @tg2

Sorry .. Windows 10 (2018 Spring creators update)

Vivaldi 1.15.1147.36 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision 166efd59c7aba158f456fc82eabf5d0dffdc41f5-
    OS Windows
    JavaScript V8 6.5.254.41
    Flash (Disabled)
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/65.0.3325.183 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.96.1147.36

(fyi .. that's the normal UA, only Google Accounts gets the other)

• @tg2 if Google ships a cookie without a session flag and a long lifetime it gets reused by design.

Would be interesting if the other browsers

• get different cookie parameters
    • are uses with enough time in between for cookies to expire
    • clear cookies on exit (option not set by user for Vivaldi yet)

Have a look at vivaldi://settings/privacy/COOKIES (and appropriate locations in other browsers) to check.

From a server standpoint the session is still (kind of) acitve in the last case (and the 1st/2nd on bad design) until a explicit logout is performend or some other condition is triggered (websocket close or some other timeout).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.