Rendering error

• I have seen a random rendering error a few times now - in several versions, including the Easter Snapshot. It does not happen often, but I assume there is a bug somewhere. The screen basically ends up black: [attachment=1016]VivaldiRenderError-2.png[/attachment] Win7x64 Vivaldi x32 (v 1.0.142.32) Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/21136/VivaldiRenderError-2.png[/img]

Someone else in Linux forum is reporting the same bug, so it's not Windows only. I've never had this bug here.

• I am with An_dz - I haven't had this problem – yet.

• I haven't seen this either. Looks like a video card driver problem or something but I use minimized tabs on the top.

• I haven't seen this either. But I wonder, does this by any chance tend to occur when you are near the max tab load for your system?

I'm using 32-bit Vivaldi on 32-bit Win7 on a 6-year-old laptop with only 2GB RAM and 32GB onboard video (plus shared RAM). Sometimes when I get maybe 9-12 tabs open (depending on content), a new page will seem to just stall and either not load for 20-60 seconds, or simply won't load at all. But the page is usually all white, so maybe not the same thing at all. But just thought I'd check, as it also reminds me of occasional similar rendering problems when I would overload my system on Olde Opera.

• @gdveggie:

I haven't seen this either. But I wonder, does this by any chance tend to occur when you are near the max tab load for your system?

I don't think so. This happens when I have 5-10 tabs open (I had 7 tabs in the attached picture)

@huskerpick:

Looks like a video card driver problem or something but I use minimized tabs on the top.

If it is a video driver problem, it shouldn't only affect Vivaldi, should it?

• Just got it on the latest snapshot (1.0.151.7) as well …

• belive me you not alone!!! with this bug!!

• @helsten2:

I have seen a random rendering error a few times now - in several versions, including the Easter Snapshot. It does not happen often, but I assume there is a bug somewhere. The screen basically ends up black:

It's ikely a specific VGA driver bug

Try to go to vivaldi://flags and play with the rendering items, like GPU rasterizzation, to see if it helps.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.