Need full screen off or toggle button for tablets

• Can activate full screen but cannot undo it. The problem is the default keyboard does not have F keys so I need to open a separate keypad from the Windows taskbar but when in full screen the taskbar is blocked. Need a full screen toggle button that shows in full screen or to be able to activate but simply touching the top of the screen. Using Asus Transformer tablet Win 8.1 with Vivaldi 142.32

• Vivaldi Translator

Hmm. F11 is DEFAULT key for it but you can bind another one (customize shortcut). Just search for it in settings :) and your problem will disappear then :)

• Got it, created a shortcut and it works!
    But in the end they still need to make a proper full screen on off system.

Thanks

• Vivaldi Translator

edit: glad you find it! :)

anyway, I can't imagine any browser that has other full-screen "off" different than F11. Maybe some still use "esc" key for it as well but that's all. I think that ability to customize shortcut for it and toggle it with key you want is more than enough and proper enough too :)

I just can't imagine some bar or pop-up appearing whenever I'm on the top of a page with my cursor… I would be ... well, not happy about that :)

• Actually the "Other" Opera has a dropdown that lets you pick full screen then you just tap the top of the screen a small dropdown appears, you choose full screen exit and your back to normal.

• Vivaldi Translator

well, OK. But I have never said that I like EVERYTHING about the "old Opera" :P and on top of that: this is Vivaldi browser. Not Opera one.
    (and I would mind to see some pop-ups about toggle fullscreen off if I use it - but since 22,5" monitor I do not use it)

And on top of that we all know how Opera ended so do not want Vivaldi to become another Opera since we know how it ends. We should want Vivaldi to be better so "Opera did it this way we should do the same" is wrong. It should be like "Vivaldi should learn from other browsers but do it better and bring something new as well!"

• The drop down feature is in the New Opera not the old and it only shows when you ask for it.

Another problem I have found again with an onscreen keyboard is you can go full screen and still get locked out or unable to exit full screen because you cannot access your keyboard, the solution for that is in Win 8 and 8.1 to open the right side Windows menu and select settings which will get you your keyboard and exit shortcut.

I too hope Opera doesn't go the same route they did before because the majority of users don't want or know how to modify this and that or re write scripts and such, they want it simple and to work out of the box and this Full Screen episode is not going to cut it as it stands, less hoops to go through is where your customer base is.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.