Tab Dragging and Scrolling like a Google Search

• I'm sure you have experienced a Google search with preview features. You can drag pictures (check screenshot) to the sides so that you can navigate to other previews

0_1525024598488_Scrolling of Tab Previews.png

I'm actually using another browser that I think handles better tab cycling but still you can see it's not enough. Draggin tabs will make easier to retake where I left ( most of time you remember tab position among all the mess even if you're not exactly sure which one it is )

alt text

I consider Tab Dragging to be a better alternative to tab scrolling. Thus, both can be a great addition.

@mija-el It is not clear to me what your feature request is.

• @pesala Imagine it as an old analog radio tuner. You just drag it to get close to the radio station you want. Now replace radio stations with tabs

@mija-el So this looks similar to the request for Tab Scrolling like Firefox, but with the option to drag Tab Previews (if displayed).

• @pesala said in Tab Dragging and Scrolling like a Google Search:

@mija-el So this looks similar to the request for Tab Scrolling like Firefox, but with the option to drag Tab Previews (if displayed).

I have not used Firefox in a while now but maybe it is. But something tells me that longvoid reffers to the ability to cycle through tabs using scroll wheel, which is fine but using that method you have to go one by one tab. It could take a while if you have a lot of tabs opened. Would be something new if you could just point the mouse to one of the first tabs you are allowed to see and just drag them off having acces to all other tabs, meaning you move the entire tabs bar. If you drag to the right your firt opened tabs start to appear on screen while the last ones are replaced by the inmediately previous one. I would love to have a perfect example in my mind to show you what I mean but it doesnt come up. Still it is not something weird !

Edit: I mean, I have the perfect example . Google search something like "horror movies" and drag the images to sides. Same functionality with tabs

@mija-el Longvoid is talking about scroll buttons to avoid shrinking the tabs to fit the Tab Bar. One can already scroll through tabs with the wheel or use the tab cycler.

I think that dragging the tabs is only going to be useful if you have tab preview displayed in the Tab Bar.

Whatever, I think it is now clear what the request is.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.