After Every Restart - I have to Re-Login to Everything

• I recently made some changes in the Vivaldi settings and I can't remember what I changed - but I want to undo it!

I think I changed something that would make the browser forget everything whenever I close it. Before I made this change - I could close the browser and re-open it without having to re-login to everything, like Google & FB.

But now whenever I restart it I have to relogin to all that. The main problem is - that so many sites now want to send me a text message that it's wasting a lot of time every day waiting on these texts.

Before I made the change - even if I re-logged into these sites - they wouldn't send me a text because they remembered my browser. But whatever change I made - it's made it so my browser is completely forgotten whenever I restart it.

I went into settings and it doesn't seem like all the settings are really there.

The other day I clicked on a link from somehwere that took me to vivaldi://settings and got a different screen than I normally get. This screen looked like it contained ALL the settings.

But if I typed in vivaldi://settings - I only get the same thing you get when you do Alt+P. I think if I could get back to that full settings area, I might be able to see which setting I changed. But in what appears to be the abbreviated version of the settings I can't find any setting that controls what happens when you close the browser.

Thanks for any help you can give!

@jonyork2 I think you may be browsing in a Private Window. Or, maybe you stopped accepting cookies? Check in Settings, Privacy.

• No, not private window. And I am accepting cookies - "session cookies only". I didn't change that.

@jonyork2 said in After Every Restart - I have to Re-Login to Everything:

session cookies only

Well, that's what session cookies do. They are only saved until you restart the browser. If you want to remember logins for all time, accept all cookies.

• @pesala said in After Every Restart - I have to Re-Login to Everything:

Well, that's what session cookies do. They are only saved until you restart the browser. If you want to remember logins for all time, accept all cookies.

If you accept all cookies, some of them also can keep the session for limited time.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/post/195315

• @pesala said in After Every Restart - I have to Re-Login to Everything:

Ah yes! That sounds exactly right! Thank you so much!

• Settings>startup
    Might help.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.