Viv Message: It was not possible access this site

• Forgive me, I use the browser in Portuguese BR, hence the message I put in the title is a translation, possibly not corresponding to that given in English. But I hope to be understood.

Recommended actions are 1-See if you're connected; 2-Check the proxy and the firewall; 3-Run Windows Network Diagnostics (also translated).

I think the first recommendation, prior than the other three, should be: Check another browser. If the same happens, the puzzle is solved. If the other browser succeeds, then let's go for the other recommendations. Checking another browser last does not seem to be the best way.

No fear of criticism! I'm ready to face it.
    0_1524694607476_mh7.gif

Which site (URL Please) can not be accessed?

Any fake URL will do.

0_1524742603050_Site Cannot be Reached.png

• @quinca71 more like

• If the same happens → do exactly these tree steps (check Cables/WiFi, Routing/DNS/DHCP…)
    • If it works → your (default) browser is (maybe) at fault (more likely a personal firewall on Windows).

In most cases the 3 assumed errors (on a system level) for hard connection failures are far more likely than a misconfigured browser.

• @quinca71 said in Viv Message: It was not possible access this site:

I think the first recommendation, prior than the other three, should be: Check another browser. If the same happens, the puzzle is solved. If the other browser succeeds, then let's go for the other recommendations. Checking another browser last does not seem to be the best way.

Yes, that's a good thing to do. But I think the logic of your diagnosis got twisted in that paragraph.

I'm replying primarily to say that I've been getting a surprising amount of these messages lately. The one time I tried another browser, it too couldn't reach the site, so I've assumed that all the problematic sites were due to network problems. Also, I changed my main DNS server recently, but they're big, and it's hard to imagine they are having a problem reaching the failed sites. So I don't know at this point.

• The problem happened with a site I frequently access via Viv. @Gwen-Dragon, in that case I think it's not important to inform the URL. It's working normally now, everything seems to have been a temporary problem.

@paul1149 For cases like this mine, it is when my assumptions may perhaps be applicable. I think I've generalized too much. Sorry, my fault.

@Quinca71 Ah, i misuderstood.
    You want to tell that the error message shoudl be changed.
    Can you please report such issue to our bugtracker? May be it can be fixed.
    Please read How to Report a bug for Vivaldi carefully and then report the bug to Vivaldi bugtracker.

• @gwen-dragon said in Viv Message: It was not possible access this site:

Ah, i misuderstood.

No, no. I'm the one who has to penalize myself for explaining so awkwardly! My efforts to improve my English seem to have hit upon the donkeys in the water (a way of saying in my language that probably is not convertible into English, but means something like failure, flop).
    And thanks for the guidance.

@quinca71 No problem. Not all are native englisch speakers.
    I am a german user and my English sometimes is not correct and may mislead others. But if we try to ask each other what was meant in a post all will be good.

• @gwen-dragon

In your case, efficiency far outweighs any lack of language accuracy. It's enough for all of us to take a look at your reputation.

• This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.