Most webmail issues have been resolved. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. In case you still have some issue please contact us.
1.15 using old version of Flash
Recently updated my Vivaldi installation to 1.15 and then I updated Flash Player from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199. Chrome detects the updated Flash version but Vivaldi is still referencing the old Flash version. I did check the file location and 28 has been removed already.
Win10 Enterprise x64
Here is the screenshot of the components window on Chrome showing the updated version 29:
The site I am trying to access that needs an updated version of Flash is vSphere Web Client. Here's the error message (and showing Flash is allowed):
Any idea how to get Vivaldi to work with the updated version of Flash?
Hadden89 last edited by Hadden89
That's strange. Have you tried to update the PPAPI flash manually with vivaldi closed from here?
(Uncheck Mcaffee of course)
Try also to clear cache/cookies from vsphere site, maybe some old info which says "old flash" is stored there.
Or try to force it in a vivaldi shortcut (untested but took info from mine vivaldi://about)
Yup. That's the process I used. Here it is in more detail:
- Updated Vivaldi to 1.15
- Closed all browser windows (I have to use both Vivaldi and Chrome at work)
- Attempted to install Flash 29 - got an error message on the installer indicating that I would have to uninstall 28 first
- Uninstalled Flash 28 (I had both PPAPI and NPAPI versions installed)
- Installed Flash 29 (both PPAPI and NPAPI)
- Started Vivaldi and Chrome
- Chrome correctly identifies the updated Flash and websites like vSphere web client work fine
- Vivaldi still thinks it has Flash 28 and so sites that require an updated Flash player do not work
@fiernaq You could try with a new vivaldi standalone install to see if new flash is present.
Or with an useragent changer (shouldn't be the case, but worth trying it).
But, I'd file a bug report with all the steps you made.
Bug report filed.
Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.