More visibility into processes in Chrome Task Manager

• I'd like to see Vivaldi provide more visibility into non-tab processes shown in the Chrome Task Manager so it is easier to determine what is a choke point in the browser. When I open the Task Manager, usually one of the top CPU & memory users is a group of tasks that are listed as 'Background Page: Vivaldi', 'App:Vivaldi', 'App:Start Page', etc. But there is no obvious way to figure out what these are. Are they tied to extensions? If so which ones so I can determine if I want to get rid of them. Are they doing something specific? I'd love to know because I would pass that information to the devs so they can get insight into where the browser slows/locks up. As it stands this is all opaque.

• These pages are all the pages that make up the Vivaldi application, and I don't think should be affected by extensions† as all extensions run in their own processes.

Because they combine to make a single chromium api app, they all run in one process, and I think it would be difficult to separate memory usage, for example between the start page and the background page, as this is measured per-process (That's how the OS manages processes).

†If you run mods, these would affect the vivaldi app process, but still couldn't be measured separately.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.