What's involved in using Vivaldi snapshot version?

• Vivaldi Ambassador

I'd like to try using the snapshot version of Vivaldi, mainly to help with developing/testing sync. Do I simply install the snapshot over my existing install, or should it be installed in a separate folder?

Separate folder in user space for testing, the best is a Standalone install (use the Installer Advanced Option).

@joelyoung The wisest course would be to install it standalone, and to make use of the advanced install option to put it in a different folder from your Stable install. That way, the Stable and Snapshot have their own directories, their own update streams, etc. If you were to install it over the stable, you would no longer get stable updates - only Snapshot ones. And since there can be minor differences in the profile structure between Stable and Snapshot, you would never have the sometimes-fraught instance of wanting to go back to Stable, but having a profile which has already been formatted for Snapshot. I routinely run three versions side-by-side here with the standalone method, and have a fourth version purely for test purposes, as well.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.