Shorten Right Click Menu

• Currently, if I right click on an image I get a menu that literally fills the screen with 32 items in the menu. It looks like 9 of them are from extensions I have installed, but fully 12 items are image related. I think a single Image sub-menu would be better.

@sonofcy I also dislike very long context menus. In Opera 12.18 I have modified my menus extensively to leave just the items that I use and to add a few that are not there by default.

0_1523785457595_Image Context Menu.png

Context menus are inefficient at the best of times, but once they get over about a dozen items ,they become next to useless. It better to assign shortcuts or mouse gestures to commonly used commands.

Vote for the generic request Allow Editing of Menus rather than making a new request for particular changes for which it would be hard to find a consensus due to different workflows of different users.

• @sonofcy said in Shorten Right Click Menu:

but fully 12 items are image related

If I right-click on 'plain' page text, I get 13 item on the menu, none image related (I think they are all standard entries).

If I right-click on an image I get 14 menu ites, 12 of them image related. That may be too much, if I could customise it I'd probably cut it down to half, but it is image related which is kind of expected for a default menu, I guess.

• @pesala said in Shorten Right Click Menu:

Vote for the generic request Allow Editing of Menus rather than making a new request for particular changes

Yep, editing is the way to go, but we still need to have some default out-of-the-box menu system, so discussing the default is also useful.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.