[Request] Split Bookmark Pane Just Like Opera 12

• I am posting this again because I originally mistakenly posted this in the Linux forum and wasn't able to move it. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/1771-feature-request-split-bookmark-pane-just-like-opera-12#23337 I would like to see Vivaldi have a bookmarks pane that can be split in two like Opera 12. The top portion of the pane shows the folder and the bottom portion shows the bookmark. The dividing line is moveable.

• Might be good to add the screenshot you posted in Linux forum to your post above as well. :)

• Not a feature that I ever used much in Opera, but some people seemed to find it useful. It was more useful in the Bookmarks Manager. I found the ability to customise the toolbars — even for the panel toolbar — more useful. What you see here is an information icon to display the bookmark properties dialogue, another to save the bookmarks file, and the » icon opens the Bookmarks Manager. The default setup has only the View and add bookmark/folder icons, plus the Quick find field, which is something a use a lot.

[attachment=994]SplitView.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• Nice; I did not know how to add those icons. That's a good pic of the split panel (I won't repost mine).

• @g_bartsch:

Nice; I did not know how to add those icons. That's a good pic of the split panel (I won't repost mine).

If you're still using the old Opera, you can find some tips on Customising Toolbars (and menus/mouse/keyboards) on my review page.

• @Pesala:

If you're still using the old Opera, you can find some tips on Customising Toolbars (and menus/mouse/keyboards) on my review page.

Thank you … I am using V now. I rarely use O12. If I do, it is just to grab a bookmark. I have yet to commit all bookmarks to V. I'm a bit in limbo. V is the future. I hope it keeps growing at a rapid pace. OldeOpera was such a wonderful experience but it's history now. Vivaldi is eating NeuOpera.

• adding split view to bookmarks would round up this new browser

its all i am missing at the moment

• Yep, I was thinking it's time for me to request this again since I'm using bookmarks a lot now and it's difficult to organize them as is. It may be a bit of work but I hope they can do it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.