Option to Add New Windows on Other Monitors

• @memphiz said in Open New Windows on Focused Monitor:

On a Multi-Monitor setup I would like to have Vivaldi open new windows on the monitor I clicked the Taskbar icon on or the monitor which currently has the mouse cursor.

Add option to add new windows on empty monitors or to have a pop-up asking which monitor to open the new window on, perhaps enabled by holding down a key modifier.

@ladyjane

I use one Vivaldi window on a landscape monitor for watching videos, and another Vivaldi window for browsing on a portrait monitor. The Windows taskbar is shown on both monitors, but which one I right-click on the New Tab or New Window opens on the Vivaldi window that has focus.

• Hm, I understand the request.
    Often I want a new window on the monitor wich has no focus, otherwise I have to move the window.

Cheers, mib

@mib2berlin I misunderstood the request. I get it now. If you need this, you should vote for it. The feature request currently has no votes.

Moving the window with Windows Key + Cursor keys is easy enough, but it still takes several key presses: Windows Key + Left, Left, Up, Up to maximise the window on the secondary monitor.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.