Annoying bug: Empty spaces between tabs with vertical tab bar

• I'm facing an annoying issue for a while:

• I'm using Vivaldi with the vertical tab bar layout for quite a long time,
    • was working fine till recently, but can't determine until when neither in terms of time nor of version,
    • so, since then, after having used Vivaldi for a while (from a few minutes to some hours), I get an odd behavior:
      • when I close a tab, placed between 2 others, an empty space is left in-between instead of below tabs moved upward, shown as 2 on this screenshot:
        0_1523002906495_Vivaldi vertical tabs issue.png
      • then, new tabs are displayed in unexpected positions, and sometimes on top of another one, shown as 1 on above screenshot.

For WIW, I've often many tabs open, including tab stacks. Additionally, I also have 1 or more other Vivaldi Windows with even more tabs.

I'll file a bug, but submitted this also here to share & discuss.

I have seen similar reports about the horizontal tab bar.

Try disabling Animation in Settings, Appearance.

• @pesala OK, I'll try this and will let you know if it works, thanks!

• @Pesala so far sounds good, thanks Pesala!

• @pesala I definitely confirm the suggested workaround, didn't face the issue since disabled "Appearance- Use Animation", thanks again!

• @terdale Interesting to know! Just for info, if you have already reported the issue: I think that you can add some more details (like this one) by simply replying to the bug tracker confirmation mail that you must have received.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.