Vivaldi fails in the Wikimedia environment

• Already created a bug report that Vivaldi blocks Alt+Shift shortcut key assignments on Wikimedia pages. This key combination is their software assigned shortcuts for their websites. But now, I noticed that Vivaldi also affects the Wikimedia toolbar buttons which operate on selected text, like Bold and Italics. This happens in Windows and Linux.

To test this, one does not have to be a registered user. I prepared this test here:
    https://en.wikisource.org/w/index.php?title=User:Ineuw/Sandbox8&action=edit
    or test it in Wikipedia or Wikisource, on any page in edit mode. Select and highlight any text and point the mouse to the B or I on their toolbar and click the button. The selected text looses focus and gets unselected and inserts the line ''Italic text'' at the beginning of the edit area.

If this is the result you get, please reply here, and I will create a bug report. Thank you.

• @ineuw
    Hi, I can verify the error.

Opensuse Leap 42.3 x86_64
    CPU Intel T4200 4 GB
    GPU Intel GN 965
    xf86-video-intel 2.99.917-6.1
    KDE Plasma 5.8.7
    Vivaldi 1.15.1137.3 (Official Build) snapshot (64-bit)

Cheers, mib

Confirmed on 1.14 Stable, 1.15 Snapshot and internal 1.15.113x Soprano Win 10 x64.
    Works on Chrome 65.0.3325.181.

Bug reported by me: VB-39092 "Wikimedia markdown editor insert generated text wrong"

• Thanks to all who took the trouble to test it. and especially to @Gwen-Dragon for taking the trouble to report it. I really appreciate it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.