XMarks shutting down

• I have been using Xmarks for years, now this extension which syncs bookmarks across browsers is closing down. The last time I used it was when I had to reset Windows just recently, I have been very happy in the past to be able to use Xmarks in my various adventures changing computers, changing web browsers.
    May I suggest that a Vivaldi sync extension is urgently needed, we have until 1 May?
    Eversync works but the Pro version is too expensive for me.

@cooked Vivaldi sync (built-in, not an extension) is in progress and will be released as soon as practicable. In the meantime, it can be turned on in vivaldi://experiments, and does work.

• @ayespy
    Thanks. So I worked out that I need to install Vivaldi Snapshot 1.15.1137.3 in order to be able to use sync. I wasn't aware of that, nor of Vivaldi sync.
    It seems to be working!

@cooked Sync is working in Stable 1.14.1077.60 as well, under the same conditions as all other current versions. But, glad you have something working for you.

• @ayespy Newby here, I have Vivaldi 1.14.1077.60 (Stable channel) (64-bit), as you say, running on OS X 10.12.16, and currently depending on Xmarks for sync. I cannot find anything in Vivaldi preferences for 1.14.1077.60 that allows me to set up Vivaldi sync. The page vivaldi://sync-internals shows a lot of sync information, all empty. Should I be downloading a snapshot? I can't find a 1.14.1077.60 snapshot. I can find the snapshot for 1.14.1030.3 , but then I am likely stuck with other problems since that is not a stable version.
    Can I setup sync in 1.14.1030.3, and then upgrade to 1.14.1077.60 ??

@ericnepean As I mentioned above, the internal address to turn on sync is vivaldi://experiments.

• @ayespy Got it, it's configured and working. Very nice Sync feature!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.