Add option to tick "subscribe" by default…

• Please add option to tick "subscribe" by default, when creating topics and replies. NOTE: I already tried looking in the forum settings.

• @TsunamiZ:

Please add option to tick "subscribe" by default, when creating topics and replies.

NOTE: I already tried looking in the forum settings.

Hi, I think this might be what you're looking for: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/settings/notification-settings

There are so many settings it seems kind of difficult to find, so here is the path via the Forum menu:

• Settings > Notification Settings > Events

• i have already looked there but there is no setting for it. i think this setting is absent. it needs to be added.

• You know, I think maybe you're right.

When I first looked at it, I thought it would be the first 2 items listed (Create a discussion, and Reply to a discussion) where you could choose to be automatically notified (or not) for any topic/discussion/thread you had created or replied to. Those would certainly seem like 2 of the most important options to have available.

But the description seems to imply the notification would be anytime anyone creates a topic or replies to a topic. I certainly wouldn't want that (and it doesn't seem to me like anyone would), but I haven't tested how it actually works yet. (Maybe someone else will know.)

• I'm used to have a notification for every update to every topic I'm involved on. (I' use a mailbox dedicated to forum's notifications)

And I agree with the OP. That option is absolutely needed, this forum is the first one I see that lacks it..

• Yes, in case I wasn't clear enough or emphatic enough above ("Those would certainly seem like 2 of the most important options to have available."), this option is absolutely necessary!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.