Icons of websites in Speed Dial

• The icons of various websites that already come added in Speed Dial are beautiful. Specially of Facebook, Vivaldi.net and twitter. I wonder if Vivaldi could provide such beautiful icons of some popular websites like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, BBC, Wikipedia etc. Do you people feel the same? :) [attachment=977]Untitled-2.png[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/23072/Untitled-2.png[/img]

• Yes, I can second this motion.

In the meantime, however, you might be interested in giving this topic a read. It's a tutorial by An_dz on how you can customize the thumbnails on your speed dial.

• @Tiamarth:

In the meantime, however, you might be interested in giving this topic a read. It's a tutorial by An_dz on how you can customize the thumbnails on your speed dial.

Thanks for sharing this post. However since I am not a technical sort of guy, I become afraid when I try to play with Default Settings. :D
    But I will try this one and write to you in case I get stuck.
    Thanks again, Tiamarth!

• I think that those ugly metro style icons are pointless, at least until the Speed Dial gird becomes customizabile.

On a (say) 30 x 20 grid the site icons would make more sense than the default preview.

A choice (like happens in Opium) would be perfect, especially if intended as per site setting.

• @utksingh:

Thanks for sharing this post. However since I am not a technical sort of guy, I become afraid when I try to play with Default Settings. :D
    But I will try this one and write to you in case I get stuck.
    Thanks again, Tiamarth!

Happy to help :)

@The_Solutor:

I think that those ugly metro style icons are pointless, at least until the Speed Dial gird becomes customizabile.

For most websites I'd tend to agree with you, but there are some I prefer the metro look for (like search engines or social networks). Although, for most of the thumbnails on my speed dial, I've manually taken screenshots of the webpages and used those as thumbnails simply to speed up their loading time.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.