Make extensions work with Vivaldi

• Hi! I have been developing a "Chrome" extension and can't get it to work on Vivaldi, only on Chrome.

This extension is just for personal use and I want to use it in Vivaldi.

What changes do I need to make in my code ( I'm guessing the manifest.json file) to make it work?

• If you don't show us the code, we can't help you. I'm writing an extension too at the moment and there is absolutely no difference between Chrome and Vivaldi. Post a link to a zip file so we can try it unpacked.

Also be aware that you could always write a userscript instead of an extension, if you don't need the browserAction popout or specific chrome apis. Userscripts use fewer resources and can be installed directly, without the help of tampermonkey or similar extensions.

@firelights said in Make extensions work with Vivaldi:

I have been developing a "Chrome" extension and can't get it to work on Vivaldi

What Chrome extension API methods are used.

• @firelights said in Make extensions work with Vivaldi:

What changes do I need to make in my code ( I'm guessing the manifest.json file) to make it work?

You talking about manifest.json - extension is not initialised at all in Vivaldi? You can't do anything in manifest.json to improve compatibility with Vivaldi. And no official docs (as I know), about what webextensions-methods don't work in Vivaldi. Only trial-and-error method are your friend.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.