Most webmail issues have been resolved. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. In case you still have some issue please contact us.
Bold fonts blurry/small (continuous issue)
0asdf last edited by 0asdf
this problem has been brought up several times in the past, but I'm yet to find a solution.
The problem looks like this.
As you can - hopefully - see, the text in the Vivaldi version is rather blurry.
Some background info and which of the common solutions I've tried so far:
- Disabling DirectWrite is no longer an option (I think it was disabled in Chromium at some point?)
- Disabling Hardware Acceleration does not help.
- Deleting ChromeDWriteFontCache is no longer an option (is that file even created anymore? I can't find it anywhere)
- There is no Anti Aliasing option or similar enabled in the NVIDIA control panel.
- I re-installed Vivaldi with a fresh user profile multiple times, not installing any extensions either. Doesn't help.
- I had the Roboto font family installed prior to installing Vivaldi. Uninstalling it did not help. Re-installing doesn't help either.
- I did not change the UI scale, DPI, font size, webpage zoom, etc. to anything other than the standard settings.
- I installed Vivaldi on a freshly formatted system, the problem is still present.
- Vivaldi version: 1.14.1077.55 (Stable channel) (64-bit) (Standalone install)
- Command Line: "X:\Programs\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --vivaldi-standalone --always-authorize-plugins --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
- OS: Windows 10 Home 1709
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 1920x1080 native resolution
Apart from the topics mentioned above, here are some more that seem to refer to the same problem.
In some threads it sounded like this was an ongoing issue that's being looked at, in others I got the idea that there is not much Vivaldi can do unless Chromium changes something.
I'd be happy to hear some more suggestions.
p.s.: I Initially posted on reddit, but this place looks more vivid.
Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.