Sync with Cloud Sync Software?

• Since Sync seems so complicated to implement, can we have V store settings/bookmarks/SEs/plugins/history and whatever else like in a Dropbox folder ?

Sync syncs bookmarks beautifully, but not settings, etc, which is still getting in the way of using V on 4 machines seamlessly.

I know many softwares (like Np++) offer this feature, and Dropbox is top notch with security.

@rojaviv Sync of settings will come it time.

• While I'm not per se subscribing to your assessment of anyone's security being top notch, especially not any cloud service, given the history of other previously-renowned cloud services, I agree this might be nice.

However, seeing that V (Chromium, actually) encrypts some settings / personal data with a machine-bound key, this would not be a complete sync and in parts pointless.

I'd prefer V further pursuing their course of a) completing sync and b) opening the sync mechanism to other platforms, both of which have already been addressed by the team on the forums.

@morg42 Vivaldi already intends to make it possible for users to sync via their own cloud services.

• @ayespy That's what I hinted at ;)

• @pesala said in Sync with Cloud Sync Software?:

@rojaviv Sync of settings will come it time.

Wonder why this response didn't go thru yesterday "No doubt about that, fact I have made V my browser-of-choice for letting us be our own 'masters' instead of some 19-yr interns; was just wondering if this could be an interim solution."

• @ayespy said in Sync with Cloud Sync Software?:

@morg42 Vivaldi already intends to make it possible for users to sync via their own cloud services.

That is awesome, can you guide us to a page which might list features in pipeline ?

• @morg42 Haah - you're right - no cloud service is unhackable; regarding encryption - didnt know V uses machine(MAC?)-bound keys - I do know they use a Sync key and that should take care of machine bound keys too ?

• @rojaviv The machine key is coming from Chromium, which is why profile copying from one machine to another loses part of the data.

I would guess that V sync deals with this encryption - after all, the sync data is encrypted with the extra sync password, so probably the machine encryption is removed beforehand.

But maybe this can be clarified by the team?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.