Wish: Custom CSS for the blogs

• Title says all B) I'd like to have the option to e.g. make the posts a bit wider and replace the fonts - some different background for the body would be fine too. Nothing too fancy but I wouldn't say no if we could upload or edit a full fledged stylesheet - imho a blog that can made ones own is likelier to be filled with lots of content (and I hate light grey on white on white - that is so applesque :D )

• The customization of blogs was a great thing in My Opera. Maybe with time we will be able to customize our blogs the same. :cheer:

In the meantime, I'll stay happily with WordPress for blog. :whistle:

• HEre is a default Opera user :) Always needs customizing. OMG
    BTW, yes I agree with you. +1

• We will have to look into what we can offer in the future, it's not straight forward to add these features :unsure:

• I want it too.
    Also having your username in the URL of blog entries would be great (not sure if it's easily customizable on this platform).

• +1

• +1
    font is really small (everywhere)

as workaround I installed Stylebot and customized fonts size

• @oleg:

I want it too.
    Also having your username in the URL of blog entries would be great (not sure if it's easily customizable on this platform).

Agree. Also it'll reduce title overlap. I can easily imagine multiple posts saying something like "christmas" which would lead to them being called "christmas-2324".

• The user name thing should be possible - If i am not completely wrong I saw it for a short time during the test phase …

I too would like to have that :)

• Vivaldi Team

+1

• +1

• Oh, super, ultra, mega most definitely I concur that we need to be able to customize, decorate, fix up our Blogs to be our own, individual … unique domains / hangouts that differ from everyone else's. B)

It's always been interesting to see what and how the Blog Designs indicate and reflect the personalities of the various members in the community.

With all Blogs looking alike, there would be too much of a seemingly business-like / corporate atmosphere - vibe ... or even a Star Trek BORG-like feel. :ohmy:

It's like in a real life neighborhood ... the houses are built to be different than each other. Otherwise it would have some way overly-uniform look like the barracks of an Army Base or something.

Having CSS Code customization capability would give the Vivaldi Community a definite HUGE edge over WordPress where most MyOpera refugees moved off to. Otherwise, it would look a little too much like WordPress where there appears to be too much of a uniform look among all the Blogs from what I've seen.

• Has anyone tried divs and spans to alter bg colors. I always used to post inside a table, lol, and use them for rudimentary positioning. Then html4 came along..
    =o)

• @53north:

Has anyone tried divs and spans to alter bg colors.

Customization of the blog content, like changing colors, background colors, fonts etc, is possible with a little knowledge of HTML and CSS, see my posts in this thread for a short description:
    https://vivaldi.net/forum/suggestion-box/163-expanded-text-attributes-variety

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.