Dragging a Folder to Speed Dial only Adds the First Bookmark

• Sorry for the title gore, can't really explain it in short.

Lets say you have a folder that contains some bookmarks and a subfolder with more bookmarks.

Drag that to SpeedDial to create a shortcut.

A new folder in SpeedDial will be created but it will only contain one bookmark from the dragged folder, the subfolder and a single bookmark from the subfolder.

Here's a GIF I made that shows the issue:
    https://i.imgur.com/g18vZSG.gifv

Browser:

Vivaldi 1.15.1125.3 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    Revision 29edffe6bf95e91c26d16eb44f6ab3b9062d2157-
    OS Windows
    JavaScript V8 6.5.254.36

Running on Windows 10 1709, build 16299.309

@celeblhach Use the Bookmarks Panel to organise folders and bookmarks. Drag and drop the folder into the Speed Dial folder.

The title does not need to be long. You explained it in the description.

• @pesala said in Dragging a Folder to Speed Dial only Adds the First Bookmark:

Use the Bookmarks Panel to organise folders and bookmarks. Drag and drop the folder into the Speed Dial folder.

That's an "OK-ish" workaround as it removes the folder from the original location. When I drag the folder from the Bookmarks Panel over to Speed Dial (like in my GIF), I get that folder in both places (like a short-cut, I imagine?). At least that's what I'd like to have there.

@celeblhach I have the Speed Dial navigation bar hidden so I did not see any result of dragging a folder to speed dial.

With it enabled, it works as you wish, it copies the entire folder and its subfolders with their bookmarks into the speed dial.

Perhaps your first folder only contains one bookmark?

• @pesala, check the GIF I made. It shows the contents of the folder I was dragging over to Speed Dial as well as what I ended up with.

In short: the folder has three subfolders, each with bookmarks inside. I end up with A single subfolder with a single bookmark. It basically only takes the first subfolder and ignores all the bookmarks and subfolders.

@celeblhach I don't know what more to say, other than check again, and open the folders.

This is my Buddhism Bookmarks Folder
    0_1521501812819_Bookmarks Folder.png

As you can see there are two bookmarks in Centres, and two in Organisations. Only one in the first folder, and larger numbers in other folders, The Publications folder has a further nested subfolder and several bookmarks

This is the Result of Dragging the Buddhism folder into the Speed Dial Page

0_1521501917425_Subfolders.png

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.