[Unpacked Extension] Dark Chrome CSS
Small extension I did some time ago to theme chrome:// pages
It shouldn't harm your profiles :)
UPDATED 26/05/18 (changelog since 1.0)
- Add background.js (I guess code will unload when not on chrome://);
- Add permissions for tabs and storage (I WON'T read them);
- Changed cat.png (well actually is the same);
- Cleaned up code (moved most common css in first section);
- Color fixes (reds, green, grays and removed most g-blue);
- Fixed most tables in chrome:// pages;
- Fixed most chrome:// exotic pages;
- Improved vivaldi://extensions (and keyboard shortcuts);
- Inverted most buttons/input/textbox/selects etc;
- Rewritten vivaldi://print (wasn't dark anymore after buttons invert);
Tested on Vivaldi 1.15 RC2 / Chromium 65 but it should work with any stable or snapshot version (Chromium 63+)
luetage last edited by
Works, good job. At first I thought you are theming devtools and I got confused, maybe change the title to something other than Dev Extension :P
hlehyaric last edited by
It works fine. The colors are not ‹ugly›: the green is…green and the red is really red, that's all. And as @luetage , I thought, at first sight, it was about theming devtools.
sjudenim last edited by
Well done @Hadden89
Would it be possible to have it look to Vivaldi's style sheet (or wherever the
var(--colors)are located so that you could then use them and have it themed by the settings in Vivaldi?
It should be doable, I'm doing some test
edit working on better and easier solution
But... hard. As I really don't know how to expose colors without random bug at vivaldi startup.
luetage last edited by luetage
@hadden89 The extension doesn't load, you have an error in your manifest file.
edit: damn, that's not an extension :D
2nd edit: it's an extension after all, where is the manifest file?
3rd edit: now I'm just confused, this is a custom hook for the dead custom hooks project? why??!
@luetage Which one? Do you mean in the first post?
The previous js is for browser.html... I should have written it.