Download Issues

• I'm on Vivaldi 1.15.1125.3 and started having this issue since updating to the latest Snapshot version, I am not 100% sure this is a Vivaldi problem it could be on the server end but I never had this issue and I've tried hell of many browsers through the years. Here's a GIF of the occurrence, as you can see the download speed is fluctuating which is normal since its a free download service but the file size is not increasing at all and its been like this for an hour.

alt text

• I downgraded to the previous Snapshot version from my Carbon Copy Cloner backup and tried to reproduce the download error but it worked on the older version and failed again on the newer version so I guess this is a Vivaldi problem.

alt text

• The speed is not fluctuating, it's constantly decreasing. It's bound to be the quotient of downloaded file size so far by download time so far. You don't get any more data, so the fictional speed goes constantly down. Classical symptom if the connection is still open (so Vivaldi believes it gets data) but the server doesn't send data anymore.

I get this sporadically, but up to now it's always been a server or connection issue, not browser (other browsers show the same, btw).

Don't have this now with the current SS.

• @morg42 said in Download Issues:

The speed is not fluctuating, it's constantly decreasing. It's bound to be the quotient of downloaded file size so far by download time so far. You don't get any more data, so the fictional speed goes constantly down. Classical symptom if the connection is still open (so Vivaldi believes it gets data) but the server doesn't send data anymore.

I get this sporadically, but up to now it's always been a server or connection issue, not browser (other browsers show the same, btw).

Don't have this now with the current SS.

I downgraded Vivaldi and downloaded the same file from the same host and it worked then upgraded one more time following the same process, same file, same host and it failed like in the previous GIF, gave this a go in Chromium and it worked too so its not a download/host issue or it should fail on all browsers why just the new snapshot?

• Didn't say it isn't the snapshot. Just gave my perspective to add to the picture.

My explanation was general (mostly server problems) and for me, the current snapshot works well in this regard.

I fully accept that you are having problems; I just can't provide a solution, not even an explanation, as the server seems to behave with other and/or older versions.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.