This site cant be reached .... chrome://startpage/

• I am just starting with Vivaldi, but something is puzzling me.

When I launch some sites from the Speed dial page, there is initially a short hesitation ( probably only about 1 second or maybe 2) when Vivaldi shows an error:

"this site cannot be reached
    chrome://startpage/"
    err_invalid_url

.....then the error clears, and everything works fine.

I am running Windows 8.1

This only happens on the initial opening of sites from the Speed-dial page. I can close the tab, and then re-open the same site from the speed dial page without the delay re-occurring.

This is annoying rather than disastrous, but can anyone suggest what is happening, and how to avoid it please?

Do you use extensions for Startpage/Speed Dial?
    Or a special setting for New Tabs?

• @gwen-dragon

Gwen - I just use the Speed Dial Tab that was there on original install, where I have added a couple of destinations of my own for mail, and deleted a few that I dont want.

Geoff

• I'm seeing the same issue here. It began about a week ago when I started using a new computer with Win 10 and a fresh install of Vivaldi. Before that I was on Win7. On Win 10 I copied my speed dial file from the old computer.

I might be mistaken, but I think I've also seen this message when I launch using a bookmark.

• I also have this.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.