New Tab Position Setting: After Active Tab in Order Clicked

Additional option the order to open new tabs (from the current page)

New Tab Position:
    @After Related Tabs
    @After Active Tab
    @ After Active Tab In order clicked
    @As Last Tab

1) Set in Vivaldi:
    New Tab Position -> After Active Tab

Close Tab Activation -> Activate Always Related Tab // Activate Right in Tab Order

2) Open Vivaldi Go to http://vivaldi.net

3) Middle Click on Browser:
    Features
    News
    Community
    Forum
    Webmail

4) Repeat (2 and 3) in Opera 50+

As a result in Vivaldi will be:

Webmail
    Features
    News
    Community
    Forum

In Vivaldi the sequence of opening tabs is reversed in comparison with Opera.

In Vivaldi -> Thus, by switching to the last clicked tab (with the settings described in point 1) it is often that tab has not yet finished loading.

By adding a checkpoint in tabs settings, will can reverse the situation.

This is what happens if After Related Tabs is enabled.

0_1520980630772_After Related Tab.png

@Pesala
    Yes, I know about it. But I constantly move tabs into different places and between different others tabs. When I then open more links from the main tab, they often open away...
    Because I want it to work as described above ->

-> that is, it was opened just next to (next to the right site) active tab, regardless of connections (Related Tabs)

I finally figured out what you want, and thought of a more concise thread title.

0_1521019305252_New Tab Position.png

• I'd add left to right to the title as I couldn't find this thread and I think issue is quite important 🙂

@maxkarlernst That would exclude vertical tabs, as used by many users.

• @ayespy Agree, but I don't argue technical accuracy of the title here, just suggesting what I think would help users find the thread. If left to right is not inclusive enough 🙂 we could even add top to bottom but guess that leaves out arabic speakers 🙂 however it is my opinion it's good enough if it helps even a tiny percentage of users who wouldn't think to mention click order in search.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.