How to keep web page tabs displayed

• After using Maxthon for several years I decided to give Vivaldi a spin. Looks good to me so far....but....I am used to having a fresh web page open upon clicking on a favourite, leaving the originally displayed web page showing as a tab (to the left). I have been unable to find a way of getting this basic browser functionality with Vivaldi. Sorry if it's something obvious but all I can find is lots of info about 'stacking' which I don't need. Thanks.

• @h12fjk said in How to keep web page tabs displayed:

I am used to having a fresh web page open upon clicking on a favourite, leaving the originally displayed web page showing as a tab (to the left).

I suppose you mean that you want a new tab to open when clicking a bookmark !?
    This isn't possible (atm) with a simple left click - however Shift-click, Middle-click, Ctrl-click or using Mouse Gestures are all possible; depending whether you want the new tab to be in foreground or background.

• It's possible if you use the panel, the bookmarks page, or the quick commands to open a bookmark. From the bookmarks bar they open in the same tab. I figure it's because people use bookmarklets, which are meant to trigger on the tab they are called from, or they wouldn't work.

• @tbgbe Thanks for the replies. That's a deal-breaker for me. Back to Maxthon.

• @h12fjk It is possible :)
    As shown by @Pesala , the "Open Bookmarks in New Tab" setting does exactly what you want.

It is effective on the bookmark bar, on the bookmark panel, on the speedial's page vivaldi://bookmarks (even if I wish there was a separate setting for this last one), ...
    Should be ok for you!

Generally speaking, Vivaldi is the kind of software where you really learn a lot by just spending some time in the settings windows. Try to have a look on what is possible: you will surely see cool things you didn't even think about but which enhance your daily workflow, and some other things you wished were there... without having realized they were indeed there! ;)

• @guilimote Oh yeah, it's really. Turns out Vivaldi is intelligent enough to still open bookmarklets in the same tab, even with this setting. I didn't notice because I only have bookmarklets in the bar.

• @pesala Thanks for the correction! I was confusing bookmarks and links - my mistake.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.