Fix window dimensions in Windows 10 TP builds 10041 and above

• Hi guys, this is a small guide for those of you using Vivaldi on Windows 10 TP build 10041 and above. You probably noticed that Vivaldi is bigger than your screen when maximized and auto-hidden taskbar is inaccessible. Fortunately, you can fix this quite easily: 1. open regedit 2. open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics 3. change PaddedBorderWidth from -60 to 0 4. restart Everything should be fine again now. :)

• Yeah something I looked just yesterday, I used "Tiny Windows Borders" that does the same thing (was developed to reduce the border size in win 8 ).

Practically win 10 build 1004x has a negative border size :lol:

• I made the registry change, and I still cannot see the auto-hidden taskbar. I have the latest Win 10 update, and the latest Vivaldi snapshot. I do not have this problem with any other applications.

• @Christoph142:

Hi guys,

this is a small guide for those of you using Vivaldi on Windows 10 TP build 10041 and above. You probably noticed that Vivaldi is bigger than your screen when maximized and auto-hidden taskbar is inaccessible. Fortunately, you can fix this quite easily:

1. open regedit
    2. open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    3. change PaddedBorderWidth from -60 to 0
    4. restart

Everything should be fine again now. :)

I used this fix and it worked, until today. I updated to Vivaldi version 1.3.551.30 and now the 1 pixel line is back on my 2nd screen. I checked the registry and the PaddedBorderWidth value is still 0.

Any way to fix this?

Regards,

Nerph

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.