Webpage Setting Use Tab Zoom Does Nothing
I reported this as a bug on 31st January.
(VB-37006) Webpage Setting Use Tab Zoom Does Nothing
I never was quite sure how it was supposed to work, so I wonder if anyone knows or sees any effect from enabling this setting?
rafiki last edited by rafiki
Not sure if you have seen this: http://techdows.com/2016/09/vivaldi-1-4-retain-site-specific-zoom-level.html. Still not a very clear explanation.
SheldonS last edited by
If I understand it properly, it seems to work for me. This is how I just used it.
- Make sure it is on in settings
- Open a new tab.
- Browse somewhere, I went to zdnet.com
- Increase zoom on the page, I used the slider. For me it is on the bottom next to page actions.
- Type in a new URL, I went to microsoft.com The microsoft site retained the same zoom level I set on zdnet.
- Clicked on a link, and the link loaded retaining the zoom setting.
As a note, if I open a link in a new tab from zoomed in, it does not retain the zoomed in setting.
@sheldons I still cannot work it out. Maybe later when I have had more coffee.
Bug is closed as Invalid.
- My default webpage zoom is set to 120%
- I disable "Use Tab Zoom"
- I open a new tab on my own site Tab Zoom = 120%
- I type YouTube in that new tab's URL field and press Enter
- Tab Zoom = 180%
@pesala I tested with my profile. Can not reproduce your issue.
1.14.1077.55 x64 on Windows 10 x64
@gwen-dragon Here is the proof after following the above recipe.
I get the exact same result after restarting Vivaldi.
@Pesala Please check chrome://settings/content/zoomLevels
@gwen-dragon I see that each web page remembers it's previously used zoom level, which makes sense. Confusion arises because it is not hard-wired into the Site Settings. It will change to whatever you used last.
The problem is understanding what the option should do. What it says is Retain Zoom Level When Navigating Between Web Sites.
- I would expect navigating between web sites to include opening a link on the current page in a new tab or in a new background tab. That is also called navigating as far as I am concerned.
- If the setting is disabled, then I would expect the default tab zoom to be used (120% in my case). However, it uses whatever was last used on that site. This is not mentioned anywhere,
Ideally, the wording on the Settings dialogue should change to Use Tab Zoom stored in chrome://settings/content/zoomLevels or simply Use Stored Zoom Levels when the checkbox is disabled.