Help fix auto hide side panel script

• I am using the following script to auto hide the side panel:

#panels-container {
    position: fixed;
    height: 96%;
    max-width: 15px;
    opacity: 0;
    z-index: 1;
    transition: max-width 2s cubic-bezier(0.1, 0.99, 0.99, 0.99), opacity .3s linear .1s;
    }

#panels-container:hover {
    max-width: 99vw;
    opacity: 1;
    visibility: visible;
    transition-delay: 0.1s;
    }

the only issue I am finding with this script is that it breaks the open download panel automatically upon start of download, is there a way to fix this and/or is there any other way to receive notifications of the start of a download?

I find myself clicking download links several times, and starting the same download multiple times because I am not receiving a visual indication that the download had actually started.

Regards
    raed

• @raed The downloads will open up and the class .downloads.active can be detected.
    Unfortunately, this is a child of #panels-container, and CSS has no way of selecting a parent by a child.

I would imagine you would probably end up having to do something with javascript for this.

• @lonm
    Thank you for your explanation, unfortunately for me, I am in no position to dabble with javascripts, I am struggling with css as is:)

Perhaps a kind soul who is familiar with javascript coding and has the spare time can have a look at the possibility of creating a download start notification pop up window similar to the download complete notification pop up window that is currently implemented in Vivaldi.

Regards
    raed

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.