Site specific shortcuts of Wikipedia don't work in Vivaldi

• Wikipedia has it's own limited number of shortcuts activated by the combination of Alt+Shift keys and these don't work in Vivaldi, even though they are not in conflict. For example, one key on which I heavily rely on is Alt+Shift+P to preview my edit. How can this be corrected?

• @ineuw Wiki shortcuts work for me on osx, without disabling the rest of my Vivaldi shortcuts. This may either be a problem with your platform, or it's your setup. I'd try with a fresh profile first.

• Lookup the path to your profile in vivaldi://about/
    • Close Vivaldi
    • Rename the Default folder (e.g. Default2)
    • Open Vivaldi

They don't work for me either.

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.15.1111.3 (64-bit)

• Thanks for the replies. luetage, I will wait for a few more replies if it's OK with you. I have not yet done a a new profile creation, but if it entails to reconfigure all my settings, then it's a major drawback.

• @ineuw Well, it's not, to get back to your old profile you just delete the new Default folder and rename your original one to Default. But seems like this is windows specific anyway, if you happen to be on Windows. If you talk about problems you should include your operating system and the version of Vivaldi you are using.

• Apologize for the lack of info. It's a dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit using the latest Vivaldi 1.15 standard and Linux Mint 18.3 32bit using the latest Vivaldi for Linux version 1.14 standard. Wikipedia shortcuts don't work in either one. And it is not a windows specific problem, since they work in Firefox, Pale Moon, Chrome and Chromium.
    I am in the process of installing Vivaldi on Linux Mint 18.3 64bit version as well and will post the results.

• @ineuw Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon doesn't work either - I just gave it a go. Fine with some other browsers...

• I keep a record of all issues in Vivaldi, focusing especially on Wikipedia editing related drawbacks. I hope that Vivaldi will look into this problem, considering the number of people use and edit the Wikipedia family of sites.

• @luetage Confirmed on 1.14.1077.55 (Stable channel) (64-bit) on Win 10, 1709.

• @Blackbird, sorry but it's not clear. Confirmed that it works, or not? The problem is definitely a Vivaldi browser problem, and definitely not a hardware problem. To compare, Chrome/Chromium don't have this problem in Windows or Linux.

• @ineuw No one ever said that, you misunderstood. The point is this problem seems to only occur in Vivaldi installations on Windows and Linux, on macOS it seems to be fine.

@ineuw said in Site specific shortcuts of Wikipedia don't work in Vivaldi:

I hope that Vivaldi will look into this problem, considering the number of people use and edit the Wikipedia family of sites.

Don't think the number is that high. It's been the first time I was made aware of Wiki shortcuts, you definitely don't need them when casually reading some article – this is a problem for editors who use Vivaldi. Anyway, make a bugreport – https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

• @ineuw said in Site specific shortcuts of Wikipedia don't work in Vivaldi:

@Blackbird, sorry but it's not clear. Confirmed that it works, or not? The problem is definitely a Vivaldi browser problem, and definitely not a hardware problem. To compare, Chrome/Chromium don't have this problem in Windows or Linux.

@ineuw Confirmed that the Wiki shortcuts (when using the Vivaldi version I listed) fail on Win10, which was part of the originally-stated problem. I inadvertently replied to @luetage, instead of you, in my post... sorry!

• @blackbird Thanks for the clarification.

• @luetage, thanks for the bug report link. I reported it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.