Memory Issue with Settings Panel Open

• Good afternoon all,
    I am experiencing a serious memory issue when the Settings page is open. I can recreate this on 2 different machines and on 1.14 (latest) and 1.15 (snapshot). Another machine is on 1.13 and does not have this issue. All 3 machines are identical in hardware. They are physical machines and not virtual.

Windows 10 x64, 32GB RAM, Nvidia 980TX, fresh installation of 1.14 (on one) and 1.15.1111.3 (Official Build) (64-bit) (on another), fresh profiles, no extensions, only command line switch "force-device-scale-factor=1" used. Startup page is set as Speed Dial which consists of 2 icons, non-animated. No sessions, no tabs, only start page is open.

Vivaldi Task Manager :
    Background Page: Vivaldi = 260,348k
    CPU = 0
    GPU Process = 134,880k

Open Tools / Settings and leave the settings page open, just sit and watch :

Background Page: Vivaldi = constantly climbs, jumps to 1,500,000 to 3,000,000 and higher, keeps on climbing until 1) the browser crashes or 2) I close settings.
    CPU = maxed out, 99.9 to 100
    GPU Process = very little change

After I close Settings :
    Background Page: Vivaldi = memory goes down to 448,444k
    CPU = 0
    GPU Process = very little change

Close Vivaldi, wait 30 seconds, start Vivaldi and just sit on the Start page :

Background Page: Vivaldi = 260,348k (same as original or close enough)
    CPU = 0
    GPU Process = 134,880k (same as original or close enough)

@vongalin No obvious problems here.

0_1520707115920_Task Manager Vivaldi.png

• Are settings open in a tab or as a dialogue?
    • Is sync enabled or disabled?

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb on Win 10 64-bit • Snapshot 1.15.1111.3 (64-bit)

• Thank you for the quick reply.

Settings is open as a dialog and Sync is disabled.

• I don't see anything like your problem here (Vivaldi 1.14.1077.55 Stable channel, 64-bit) on Windows 10, 1709 version physical. In my case, startup is to a static HTML homepage file on the system. Following your steps, my GPU Process settles down around 203,500K and remains there unless I move the cursor into the browser window, whereupon it jumps by about 30,000K as long as mouse motion continues. If left static, the numbers settle back down and just sit there unmoving.

• Update. Good afternoon all,
    I was still experiencing this issue on the 2 1.14 and 1.15 workstations. Today I switched both machines to use Settings as a Tab (it was set as Dialog before) and there is no increase or spike in memory or CPU. I left both machines on Settings for an hour and no change. It doesn't seem to matter on the 1.13 install how Settings are displayed, it is fine either way.

This workaround is fine for now. How Settings are displayed doesn't really matter to me. Even though 1.14/1.15 are using the newer Chromium, my main will still be 1.13 w/uBlock (hard mode)/uMatrix (hard mode)/Cookie AutoDelete/DecentralEyes/KBSSL/CanvasDefender. I'm good w/that.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.