Question about In-Built Mail Client and a few Suggestions

• Hello vivaldi community and dev's! I really like this new browser, it's as fast as chrome and has much better privacy. i can't wait for all the features. Will it be able to add 2 or more mail-providers into the browser-mail client? (Gmail, outlook, gmx and so on...) It will be awesome if i can use this for all-in-one (internet surfing and email) and forget the windows live mail 2012 client. this will be really the best feature, which nearly no other good and fast browser have. I hope you make the function to add a contact and syncing them good. When will the mail function be ready? And a few suggestions for the Browser: - A Dark theme of the tabs, bars and so on will be great (i don't like the much white) - Just colour the tab with the colour of the site. (now the tab u using and all the bars down under are coloured, i think it's little bit too much) - Auto-Update Function (But i think it will come)

@Rudl92:

Hello vivaldi community and dev's!

I really like this new browser, it's as fast as chrome and has much better privacy. i can't wait for all the features.

Will it be able to add 2 or more mail-providers into the browser-mail client? (Gmail, outlook, gmx and so on…)

It will be awesome if i can use this for all-in-one (internet surfing and email) and forget the windows live mail 2012 client.
    this will be really the best feature, which nearly no other good and fast browser have. I hope you make the function to add a contact and syncing them good.

When will the mail function be ready?

And a few suggestions for the Browser:

• A Dark theme of the tabs, bars and so on will be great (i don't like the much white)
    • Just colour the tab with the colour of the site. (now the tab u using and all the bars down under are coloured, i think it's little bit too much)
    • Auto-Update Function (But i think it will come)

The email client will not be limited as to what accounts you can add to it, so long as the accounts can be accessed by POP3 or IMAP, I'm sure. Multiple accounts would be more the norm than the exception.

I was able to take a look at a brief preview of the email function, and it seemed about half-finished - completely functional, but with no settings or options. I'm sure I couldn't say, and I'm not sure Vivaldi developers can say, either, what that means as to when it will first be offered in the browser.

In Windows, the browser already tells you when an update is available, and lets you download it with a click. System software updates in Linux detect new versions as well, but you do have to manually initiate that. Mac will be getting auto notifications of new versions as well, soon enough. MANY users here have expressed a strong disapproval of software that updates without user permission, so one can't be sure Vivaldi will ever allow that.

• If you have not used Opera's email client before, download Opera 12.17 to try it out. It still works, and is still my default browser, largely due to the email client. I can fetch mail from vivaldi.net. and other mail servers automatically without logging in to a web mail account. Currently, though, I have only one account set to fetch new mail every ten minutes — I check the other accounts manually.

• @Pesala:

If you have not used Opera's email client before, download Opera 12.17 to try it out. It still works

Well.. talking about the email client, no matter if O12 or the "standalone" Opera Mail, "it still works" is not enough to describe it/them.

The opera mail cliente is still one of the best email clients out there, plenty of smart functions, including the silently introduced the IMAP idle support, that means instant emails on PCs, just like happens on Blackberries and (lately) most other smartphones

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.