Tips & Tricks

• Thanks to MaxKarlErnst who helped me to create this CSS to remove the unwanted image placeholders.

.selectbox[title="Human"], .selectbox[title="Hot Pink"], .selectbox[title="Subtle"], .selectbox[title="Dark"], .selectbox[title="Blueprint"], .selectbox[title="Beach"], .selectbox[title="Light"], .selectbox[title="Starry Night"], .selectbox[title="Pink Cloud"], .selectbox[title="Jellyfish"], .selectbox[title="Purple Lake"], .selectbox[title="Wave"], .selectbox[title="Desktop Wallpaper"]{
        visibility: collapse;
        width: 0;
        margin: 0;
    }

My Settings, Start Page tab now looks like this:

alt text

Show Picture-in-Picture on TwitchTV

1. Create a bookmark for bookmarks bar
    2. Use as URL
      javascript:document.querySelector('div.player-video video').requestPictureInPicture();void(0);
    3. If you are on twitch.tv and need PiP, click the bookmark and video will be shown in PiP popup

Kudos to @Guilimote (https://forum.vivaldi.net/post/304618)
    and Smaxx {original author}(https://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/9ar32h/pictureinpicture_chrome/e8hl6c4/)

• I discovered that I can also hide the Background Colours using the same type of code.

0_1562531095033_Custom Backgrounds and Images Only.png

/*Hide Start Page Background Colours and Images*/
    .selectbox[title="Default"],  .selectbox[title="Blue"],  .selectbox[title="Pro"], .selectbox[title="Vivaldi"],  .selectbox[title="Sunset"],  .selectbox[title="Human"], .selectbox[title="Hot Pink"], .selectbox[title="Subtle"], .selectbox[title="Dark"], .selectbox[title="Blueprint"], .selectbox[title="Beach"], .selectbox[title="Light"], .selectbox[title="Starry Night"], .selectbox[title="Pink Cloud"], .selectbox[title="Jellyfish"], .selectbox[title="Purple Lake"], .selectbox[title="Wave"], .selectbox[title="Desktop Wallpaper"]{
        visibility: collapse;
        width: 0;
        margin: 0;
    }

To apply CSS modifications automatically with each update, go to vivaldi://experiments to enable "Allow for CSS Modification." Then this option will appear in Settings, Appearance, where you can choose the folder where your custom.css files are stored.

alt text

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.