Open Notes in a Tab

• Add a functionality where notes can be opened in a tab, e.g. with a double click. When a note is opened in a tab, it should be possible to edit the note and to tile the note-tab with other tabs.

The note could open in a tab when the user double clicks on it. This however would replace the "double click on a note to open the website where the text was copied from". I personally wouldn't mind that. It would still be possible to open the note and click on the link to open the website.

If people do mind, the "open it in a tab" functionality could also be in the context menu of each note.

@martin-storch A better solution is to have a Notes Tab, like the History Tab and Bookmarks Tab that can be opened from the Start Page navigation bar.

See Open Notes in a Tab from the Start Page Navigation Bar

Breaking the current double-click feature of notes would not be popular.

• @pesala

Yes, I saw that some people would like to have it like the History Tab - thats also fine. But my intention is to have just a note side by side with a website (as a tiled window). And without the Side Panel, cause that takes up space. On one side I can read a website and on the other I can take notes - with more space than the current solution in the Side Panel.

And if the double click collides, the "Open note in tab" can be put in the context menu of the note.

@martin-storch A tiled tab is going to take a lot more space than the Notes Panel, but if you want it to use one third of the window you can set it to use a separate width.

The Notes tree can be collapsed, leaving only the folder with the Note that you want to edit.

The Note Editor at the bottom of the Notes Panel can be toggled to preview mode to show the effect of markup.

0_1520452602011_Notes Panel Editor.png

If the suggestion in the linked thread is implemented, then you could tile the Notes Tab with the current web page, just as you can now tile the History or Bookmarks Tab with the current web page (horizontally or vertically).

• @pesala Thanks for your reply.

I already have several folders and notes outside of folders. Collapsing them would not make enough room for some notes. That's why I would like to have them open in a tab. I would then also hide the Side Panel, leaving only the note and the website side by side (tiled) on the screen.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.