Importing Data from Opera 12.17 Standalone

• I got as far as browsing to select a configuration file, but which one do I choose to import bookmarks and notes, which are in *.adr files. Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/740/ImportINIFile.png[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/740/ImportSettings.png[/img]

• That's a good one. Unchecking the "Use Opera default location" leads to an endless loop of asking for an "ini"-file. No idea how to solve that problem, it may be a bug.

You can at least import your bookmarks choosing "Opera Bookmarks File" from the import drop down menu instead of "Opera 12.x" and pointing to the "bookmarks.adr" file in the profile folder of your standalone Opera.

• @tardigrada:

That's a good one. Unchecking the "Use Opera default location" leads to an endless loop of asking for an "ini"-file. No idea how to solve that problem, it may be a bug.

You can at least import your bookmarks choosing "Opera Bookmarks File" from the import drop down menu instead of "Opera 12.x" and pointing to the "bookmarks.adr" file in the profile folder of your standalone Opera.

Thanks. At least the bookmarks imported OK.

• Here's another idea. Why don't you try to temporarily copy the profile folder of your standalone Opera to the default Opera profile location, import the data using the "Use Opera default location" option and delete the folder after the job's been done? It requires some fumbling around but may work.

• Copying the profile might work, but at this stage I am more interested in finding bugs in Vivaldi than actually using it. Import Data from a standalone version of Opera 12.x, or 11.x for that matter, should be possible.

• Yes just copy your profile in the default Opera path

C:\Users{your-user}\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera

This is true/useful not just for portable versions, but also for properly installed ones, if installed on a non default path.

For example had three Opera installations side by side :Opera_x64, Opera_x86, and Opera_11, and I had to rename temporarily the folder of the one meant to be imported in Vivaldi as just Opera.

• Hi, I really like Vivaldi browser and I hope it will be like old Opera browser (up to 12).

Today I migrated from windows to linux on one computer and looking for easiest way to import wand and bookmarks to Vivaldi. I tried with this import thing, but is looking for ini file. Anybody knows which ini or some way to import it differently?

Thanks

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.