Import of Firefox passwords fails

• The Vivaldi import tool only imports from Firefox, the bookmarks but not the passwords. What is the solution?

This is my reported bug: VB-34998 "Import Settings from Firefox does not import passwords"

I do not know if you can export passwords from Firefox.
    Vivaldi can import passwords from a CSV file which has the format:

• Gwen-Dragon, much thanks for the help, Unfortunately it only works on Linux Mint 18.3. The import file is identical (it's a dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit). However, as I write this, just realized that on Windows it is the snapshot version and in Linux it's the standard version. Will re-install the standard version in Windows and check the import out again.

BTW, for those who want to export Firefox passwords, (csv and xml) one needs the "Password Exporter" extension which only works in the pre Quantum versions of FF.

In general, I love Vivaldi and everything about it. First of all, it's very fast, much faster than Chrome/Chromium, and the the concept and the design is far more informative, and easier to set up for a beginner.

However, I would not like to be part of the Vivaldi development team at this point in time because of all the glitches that need to be addressed. But, I wish Vivaldi lots of success.

P.S: I've been taking notes (using the built in notepad), of the problems and glitches. Where is best to post them?

I just ran a test. I deleted my passwords for Wikipedia and imported them from Firefox.

A restart of Vivaldi was required before the imported password showed up.

• Sadly, in Windows, I get no results. It's the same .csv file as I used successfully in Linux Mint. Did a clean install of 1.14.1077.55 (Stable channel) (32-bit) but no luck. Will try again later.

@ineuw I am just using the import dialogue, not a csv file.

0_1520511796718_Import Passwords.png

• Hi Pesala, nice to meet you here, as well as on the Irfanview forum if I am not mistaken. I tried that as well but there is no list showing up at the Settings\Privacy with either method, unless I am missing something.

@ineuw Don't you have this list?

0_1520534688219_Save Webpage Passwords.png

• Only if I create an entry manually. Before trying to import, I emptied the list to see what's happening.

@ineuw Have you enabled the saving of passwords in Firefox?

0_1520541776392_Firefox Options.png

• This is my Privacy settings. But everyone's screenshots that I see here provide different information. I copied the following info from About.

ivaldi 1.14.1077.55 (Stable channel) (32-bit)
    Revision 46ff8f974f033190bbae67a70c7809ee15bc2353-
    OS Windows
    JavaScript V8 6.4.388.46
    Flash (Disabled)
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.189 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.95.1077.55
    Command Line "C:\Users\ineuw\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --always-authorize-plugins --enable-blink-features=ResizeObserver --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
    Executable Path C:\Users\ineuw\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe
    Profile Path C:\Users\ineuw\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default
    Compiler clang

0_1520542310079_privacy settings.jpg

Submit a Bug Report with the URL pointing to this thread.

May be this issue is a bug.

Developers and internal testers need more information to test issues. carefully and then report the bug to Vivaldi.**

• @Gwen-Dragon, Cannot access the webpage in your post. The link provided is a not accessible to me, although I am a registered user.

• I was trying to import from Firefox 52.7 ESR and also tried it with this .csv format. (~200 passwords)

@ineuw I'm pretty sure Vivaldi has not yet figured out how to import passwords from the new family of Firefox browsers.

• 52.7 ESR is the legacy version and not what they call "Quantum" which starts at 57. Also, the password system is backwards compatible with their legacy version.

• @Ayespy, I forgot to mention that I am using the identical versions numbers in Linux Mint and both import types are successful.

@ineuw That could be an important thing for developers to know. Of course, with this snapshot, you could just sync them...

• @Ayespy As far as I know There is no sync in the standard version, but I would move the password folders/files over from Linux to Windows, if only I knew which.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.