Accent color on both the omnibar and window

• How would one go about modding Vivaldi so that the accent color affects both the omnibar as well as the window?
    I can't seem to find anything about this in the forums and I'm a complete newbie to CSS editing,

• @artex

• Go to the page vivaldi://flags
    • Search for and turn on Silent Debugging
    • Turn on Debugging for packed apps
    • Restart Vivaldi
    • See that when you right click the UI there's now an inspect element option
    • Use the Elements tab to find the element you want to change
    • Click the element in the tree
    • In the styles panel to the right, click the + icon
    • Add a style for background color
    • Set it to one of the colour variables defined at the bottom of this side panel - something like var(--colorAccentFg)
    • You can do this for any element you want to modify
    • See this post for details on how to make these changes permanent

The best way is to just experiment, but be sure to back things up beforehand if you're not entirely sure.

• @lonm Well I'm unable to really understand what I'm looking at and what i should change to have the desired effects...

@lonm said in Accent color on both the omnibar and window:

Go to the page vivaldi://flags
    Search for and turn on Silent Debugging
    Turn on Debugging for packed apps

Can be easier done.
    Start Vivaldi in command line (Windows CMD, Linux Shell, Mac terminal app) or with a desktop shortcut.
    Using this command
    vivaldi --debug-packed-apps --silent-debugger-extension-api

• @gwen-dragon True, but by using flags you don't have to use the command line which, on windows, has a few more steps to it. Plus, the flags remember their state.

• @artex It might be easiest to have a look at this site: https://www.w3schools.com/Css/ as I've found they do a pretty good job of teaching css.

Basically, vivaldi's interface is created as a website, and can be modified in the same way.

• @lonm Thanks you for your guys help

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.