Moving the close tab button

• I use tabs from vertical side panel, along with a mod for overlay and activating panel with mouse hover (code can be found here:

The thing is that I want to move the "x" close tab button, to the left of the title. Being on the right, many times I want to close a tab, I loose focus on the panel if I accidentally hover the mouse on the page.

Any code/help for this? Thanks.

• @kallon You should dig deeper into the overlay panel thread. We have a variety of advanced codes in there, OPs one is rudimentary.

Anyway, what you want is easy to achieve, look at this code and adjust, it's all been done before.

• Since @luetage has already addressed your close button, I'll just add, that if you find that you are losing focus on the tab container too quickly, you can add a longer delay to the animation.

Here's an example using a transition for the container on the left side. The second number represents the delay before the transition takes place and the first is the duration of the transition.

#tabs-container.left {
        position: absolute !important;
        z-index: 5;
        height: 100%;
        width: 230px !important;
        background-color: var(--colorBgDarker) !important;
        opacity: .99;
    #tabs-container.left {
        left: -230px;
        transition: left 2s ease 1s !important;
    #tabs-container.left:hover {
        left: 0;
        transition: left .5s ease .3s !important;

• @luetage Thanks for your reply, maybe I wasn't clear. I don't use tab bar, I use the window panel. What I want to achieve is to move the close tab button of the window panel tabs.
    tab-header .close does not refer to this. Am I right?

Regarding the overlay panels I am not using OP's one, I have edited my post to the last page just in case.

• @kallon Oh yeah, I didn't catch that. Has never been done before, you can be the first ^^

Try to find the selector with devtools and then similar code should do the trick. If you run into problems just ask.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.