Open menus/folders on cursor hover, after clicking on one of them

• I decided to try this browser today and I was nicely surprised by the number of possible customizations. That said, I was put off by the fact that menus won't open on mouse hover after clicking on one of them. This feature has been in other browsers and windows explorer since at least Windows 7, so to see a browser that makes you manually click on every menu doesn't feel right.

I found the following thread which seems to be about the same issue, but I can't be certain.

That was posted 2 years ago, and the mod said there that it will be implemented "next". Am I missing something here? Is there an option in the settings that I can't find?

Thank you.

@ilililiilli It's partially implemented in parts of the UI - not everywhere. For every single menu where this would apply, a fair body of code must be written - so this sort of polishing will come with time.

• Thank you for the quick response.

To be clear, I am talking about the main menu on top of the browser (File, Edit, etc.), and also the folders on the bookmark bar. They don't switch automatically on mouse hover. These are pretty much the only (or certainly most important) places I would expect the see the auto-switch feature, and the lack of it is really noticeable. The whole thing just feels clumsy.

I have to say, it's a little disappointing that 2 years after a moderator said it will be "implemented next", it hasn't happened. I do like many features about the browser, but until basics like this are fixed... it's unusable for me. I'll try it again in another year or two. Back to Firefox.

Thanks and good luck.

@ilililiilli It was implemented for the menu button, but not for the horizontal menu or the bookmarks bar. The horizontal menu (which most people do not use) will likely get the code written for it before the Bookmarks Bar (which needs a kind of huge project to finish it as to multiple aspects). No time frame is offered.

Be aware everything in this browser is being written from scratch, from the ground up, and two years in the life of browser development is something like the blink of an eye. The relatively tiny team is engaged mostly in adding major functionality at this point, and doing polishing and refining on a follow-on or ad hoc basis - not as a major emphasis at this early stage in the life of the browser.

@ilililiilli That said, the main menu (both button and horizontal) is receiving some attention as we speak - but not directly on the subject you mentioned.

• Glad to know you're listening to user feedback, and working on new features.
    It's also missing some customization settings that I'm used to in Firefox.
    For example, it doesn't seem possible to add/remove/move buttons near the address bar. I would have the Reload and Home buttons between the address bar and the search bar. I would also have a static New tab button on that same bar, instead of the floating button on the right side of the last tab. I would have the tab bar under the bookmark bar, etc etc etc.

Keep up the good work and I'll gladly try it again when it's more fleshed out. It certainly seems better than Chrome which I hate.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.