Default to New Tab

• I have been trying the browser out for a while now and must say I am very impressed. The one thing that gets me coming from Firefox is that opening a link in a new tab causes the browser to switch to that newly opened tab. Sometimes I want to open multiple links in quick succession and this drives me insane. I took a look through the settings and can't seem to find a setting to change this. Am I just blind and missing an option for this?

@CovertCardinal:

I have been trying the browser out for a while now and must say I am very impressed. The one thing that gets me coming from Firefox is that opening a link in a new tab causes the browser to switch to that newly opened tab. Sometimes I want to open multiple links in quick succession and this drives me insane. I took a look through the settings and can't seem to find a setting to change this. Am I just blind and missing an option for this?

There's not a setting for it yet (though there is certain to be). For now, to not be switched to the new tab (in other words, open in background tab) one can middle-click on a link or Ctrl+click on it.

• middle button (just like opera,, firefox, explorer 7+, and so on)

• It is one of the most requested features from Vivaldi users. Hopefully, it's going to be unveiled soon.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.