Open Vivaldi URLs in the Current Tab

• Currently, whenever there is a new tab open, and I wish to go to a vivaldi url, like vivaldi://history, vivaldi://bookmarks, or vivaldi://settings, it is opened in yet another tab. I would like it is instead it opened in the new tab that I already had opened, and that the use of a shortcut takes me to those urls, instead of opening many more tabs.

Furthermore, I think this is also the case for a vivaldi url like vivaldi://settings/keyboard. Opening settings with either the settings button or a shorcut opens another tab at vivaldi://settings/startup, instead of sending me to the already opened settings tab.

How are you opening these URLs? For me, they all open in the current tab when using Page and Go in the URL field.

• @pesala through shortcuts, for example, I press the bookmarks shortcut, and it opens a newer tab instead of the one I already had open.

@altcode Try clicking on the Bookmarks and History links on the navigation toolbar on the Start Page.

Please start a new thread for the feature request to add Settings to the Navigation Bar.

• @pesala That doesn't really solve the problem though. Say I open a new tab, but I don't immediately do anything with it, and go back to other tabs that I am using. Then, I decide to view things on vivaldi://history, but instead of going to the new tab I had already opened, another newer is opened instead. Why should that happen, instead of simply using the new tab that I had already opened before.

Or another similar example is that I open a settings tab, then I look at the settings that are related to privacy, so the url has changed to vivaldi://settings/privacy. I leave that tab, but I don't close it, and later on, I want to go back to it, so I use the settings shortcut, but a new settings tab is opened at vivaldi://settings/startup, instead of going to the already opened settings tab. Again, why should a newer settings tab be opened when there already was one opened?

@altcode There is no harm in asking for any feature, but I don't see any mileage in this. Just open the Settings in a dialogue, then Alt P will focus it from anywhere.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.